In the Step display block, choosing a widget type determines the general position and style of how a step will display in your guided tour.
There are 3 widget types to choose from:
- Modal: a pop-up in the center of the screen, recommended for kicking off a guided tour, welcoming customers, or announcing something
- Bottom-right corner: a window in the corner of the screen, recommended for giving customers an unobtrusive experience that lets them see and interact with your full UI but still enjoy guidance
- Next to highlighted element: recommended for showing customers one thing at a time, or calling out precise parts of your UI
You can choose between two widget formats in guided tours:
- The classic format, which includes a header and footer
- And a light format, which removes them
Enabling an overlay
By enabling and overlay and choosing an opacity percentage, you can make your UI appear darker, which helps to add a spotlight effect to the steps in your guided tour.